The integration of high quality live Skype video calls for news reporting, entertainment shows and other live broadcasting events has never been easier. The Quicklink TX designed in partnership with Microsoft is a video call management system. It enables professional reception and transmission of Skype video calls through an SDI and HDMI interface. AS the Quicklink TX can receive from and send to any video-enabled device running Skype, this provides broadcasters unrivalled access to millions of Skype users.
Connect with millions of Skype users worldwide to create unmissable high quality live broadcasts
- Professional SD/HD SDI input/output
- Additional HDMI and analogue video input/output
- 4K resolution ready
- The Quicklink Contributor helps you to connect with millions of Skype users worldwide
- Video quality optimisation with Bondio network enhancer
- Touch screen ready display with real time status information
- Skype TX controller software with control console
- Ultra low delay: For instantaneous 2 way video/audio contributions
- Video and audio free from adverts
- Aspect ratio correction method: Scale your SDI input picture to your requested resolution
- Customisable tally option: Notification of active calls
- Talkback: Switch between 3 different audio sources
- High-quality Dante™ and Livewire+™ AES67 Audio over I.P supported
- 16-channel audio ready
- Balanced analogue and embedded SDI audio
- AES / EBU Audio
- Remote Management Ethernet Port
- Breakout cable connector for flexible integration in your workflow
- Free complementary support: via the Quicklink customer portal
Why Choose the Quicklink TX?
TheiInclusion of the Quicklink TX transceiver to your workflow is a cost effective option. It ensures the broadcasting of optimal quality Skype video calls in a fully controlled manner.
- Be first on the scene to broadcast the latest breaking news. Create authentic content with real-time access to contributors
- Connect with multiple remote Skype users, anywhere, anytime
- Reach Skype users on any video-enable device
- Free Skype TX controller software download
- Global live contributor reach event for small production companies
- Reduced need for complex cabling
- No need for extra equipment thanks to the automatic aspect ratio conversion and balanced audio
- No need for satellite trucks and associated hardware
- Flexible integration into established workflows with SDI and HDMI input/output
- Simple central control and management of multiple calls with Skype TX controller
- Technical data from the calls optimize both calls quality and user experience
- Professional solution which doesn’t compromise the video and audio call quality
- Automatic falls back to a still image if the video quality drops below a certain threshold and switches back to video once the network conditions improve
Skype TX controller
The Skype TX controller software enables broadcasters and content producers to manage multiple Quicklink TX units from a single user interface. The Skype TX controller now includes live video previews, remote setting controls and integration with Skype contacts.
Find Skype contacts and start calls easily
By searching the Skype directory you can add Skype users to your shared contacts so you are ready to place calls on any one of your TX units. You can see the callers and add them as favourite when they are regular contributors.
Every tool you need to manage and monitor your calls
- The mini-video preview features let you compare all your live calls side by side
- The live inbound and outbound call quality indicator helps to monitor audio and video signals
- The caller snapshot function can be shown automatically if the call quality falls below a pre-set level.
Manage multiple calls from one interface
The new Skype TX controller software allows a single operator to manage and control up to 14 Quicklink TX units in a single interface. “The new Skype TX controller is one of the most exciting updates we’ve worked on so far. The new feature set improves the control and overall creativity of a broadcast production, which is why the likes of ESPN, The Late Show and VICE News turn to Skype TX for their contributor generated content.” Simon Lucas Principle PM Skype TX
The Quicklink TX is supported by Bondio, Quicklink Network Enhancer technology. Bondio is available as an optional bonding software for your Skype contributor using Windowd 8.1.
Increased network bandwidth speed, reliability and security Bondio combines an unlimited number of internet connections to increase network bandwidth speed. This guarantees a more reliable connection, for an improved quality video/audio transmission. The data is split and transmitted through multiple tunnels for added security. The Forward Error Correction compensates for data packet loss and data errors.
The Quicklink Contributor: Post . Connect . Broadcast Live
Broadcast live. With the Quicklink TX, turn any smartphone and other portable Skype-enabled device into your first reporters. Your selected contributor will be “live to air” before any satellite truck or hardware solution appears on the scene.
The Quicklink Contributor Video
Dante™ and Livewire+™ high-quality digital audio over IP
Quicklink and Audinate partnership allows users to integrate the Quicklink TX solution with inbuilt Audio over IP. Using the Dante™ solution ensures that users have optimal communication between Dante™ enabled devices and the Quicklink TX. The Quicklink TX also supports Livewire+™ conforming to the new AES67-2013 Interoperability Standard allowing AES67 devices to connect directly to the Quicklink TX.
The Quicklink TX Workflow Applications
The Quicklink TX can be used to both send and receive Skype calls within various workflows depending on your requirements.
Talk shows: Skype users sending to the Quicklink TX
Any Skype client using any video-enabled device can connect and send audio and video to The Quicklink TX. Users simply connect with their regular Skype account.
Remote Studios: The Quicklink TX sending to the Quicklink TX
The Quicklink TX unit can be used to both send and receive audio/video via the SDI or HDMI I/O. This is ideal if you have multiple production sites. By using two Quicklink TX you are able to have studio grade HD/SDI to HD/SDI 2-ways.
Conferences: The Quicklink TX sending to a Skype client
This allow you to send a high quality professional stream to a Skype client. The Skype user can view the stream on a laptop or monitor.